We tend to experiment with the form & structure of theatre & performances. We like working with various forms and with artists from around the world. Our work is strongly committed to performances & theatre as process, meant to understand & reconfigure our relationships with memory and dynamically seek to express our identities in various contexts. We have presented performances ranging from theatre, storytelling, street art, music & performance art, by artists from across disciplines and geographies.
The performances which we produce, co-produce or host are as follows:
Culture Monks Productions
Our own production series is titles ‘Katha koli’ (word bud), which are essentially interdisciplinary storytelling performances.
Our performances thus far includes
- Digambarim : The Body Alone
- Waking in Dream Bodies
- Taking Texts & Performing Prints
We have in the past and are working on co -productions with a few international artists & groups and will update the information soon.
The notable co productions include
- Made in ILVA in India by Instabili Vaganti
- Purusha in a Tutu with Diniz Sanchez
- Resonating with Kali & Sick Dancing Princess with several artists
- Horse Tale with Diniz Sanchez & Varun Desai
- Digambarim with Francesca Fini
- Trunk Call with Maham Suhail
- Taking Texts and Performing Prints with several artists
In addition we have hosted several performances in India by Indian and international artists/groups, under the ‘Theatre Adda- Park Street Sessions’ program as well as our ‘Tour Management’ services.
We have curated some significant art projects. Notable ones includes
- World Music Day with Alliance francaise du Bengale, 2016
- Kumartuali Rising as part of One Billion Rising celebrations, 2017
- Theatre Adda; Park Street Sessions with Alliance Francaise du Bengale
- Film Festivals from Europe
- Momentum Experimental Arts Festival