A Short Course on Data Science
Organised by ‘Learner’s Desk’ – in pursuit of Excellence.
In association with Hydrolubair Consultants and Engineers (An IS0 9001:2015 Certified Organisation), & Culture Monks
Date and time :
18th – 21st July 2018
5 – 9 PM (Wed to Fri), 9 AM – 1 PM (Sat)
101, Dakhindari Road, Kolkata 700048 (opposite Gandhi Seva Sangha, near Sreebhumi Post Office, 400 metres from Lake Town – VIP Road Corner)
Faculty members :
1. A data science leader practitioner for 15+ years in CPG, financial services and IT. Majored in economics from Delhi School of Economics, with specific focus on quantitative subjects like econometrics and game theory. Currently passionate about building and integrating scalable data products in variety of business processes.
2. A senior project lead at a top tier management consulting firm. He has deep expertise in analytics led transformations in financial institutions across risk, cross-sell and operations. A PGDM (MBA) from IIM – Ahmedabad, he has previous experience in MNC banks across credit card and investment banking analytics.
Organising members :
1. Prabir Guha Thakurta – Distinguished Engineer with wide industrial and academic exposure. Alumnus of I.I.T. Kharagpur, the Class of 1967, Mechanical Engineering.
2. Sekhar Chakraborty – Distinguished Engineer with wide industrial and academic exposure. Alumnus of I.I.T. Kharagpur, the Class of 1966, Mechanical Engineering.
3. Rasamoy Chakraborty – Distinguished Engineer with wide industrial and academic exposure. Alumnus of I.I.T. Kharagpur, the Class of 1966, Mechanical Engineering.
4. Avik Guha Thakurta – Young Engineer and Entrepreneur in Engineering Business.
1. Freshers with any quantitative background e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering, MBA
2. Working professionals aspiring to make a career in data science
Note : Participants must bring their own laptops
Course contents :
1. Introduction to data science (industry applications and demystifying terminologies)
2. Introduction to basic ML methods: Part1 Supervised learning (theory)
a. Linear regression
b. Logistic regression
3. Introduction to basic ML methods: Part1 Supervised learning (practical)
a. Linear regression
4. Introduction to advanced ML methods: Part1 Supervised learning (theory)
a. Decision trees
b. Neural nets
c. Bayesian methods
d. Support vectors
5. Introduction to basic ML methods: Part2 Unsupervised learning (theory)
a. Clustering methods
c. Anomaly detection
6. Feature engineering and terminologies
a. Bias – variance
b. Dummy variables
d. Test of hypothesis
7. Hands on workshop introduction to Python for machine learning
Course fee : INR 5000.00
Can be paid in cash or cheque in favour of ‘Hydrolubair Consultants and Engineers’
Or bank transfer to Bank of Baroda, Patipukur, Kolkata 700089 branch, A/c No. – 00300200000349, IFSC Code – BARB0PATIPU, MICR Code – 700012035, Beneficiary – Hydrolubair Consultants and Engineers.
Last date of registration : 30th June 2018
Course co-ordinator :
Avik Guha Thakurta – 9331027379, firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com