To commemorate the 70th year of Indian Independence , we are delighted to issue an Open Call for writings on ¨ Urban Body : Entrapments & Releases¨.
70 years after freedom, India is clearly an important part of the global development paradigm. The trajectory is gradually but surely moving tending towards an universalized architecture of urbanity. Yet pathways to future seems to be determined but not self determined. The position of liberties which freedom offers are constantly evolving through a constant discourse among diverse forces.
The urban spaces meanwhile are mangled, chaotic, polluted, dystopian – much an result of sudden influxes and accidental growth rather than of planned development – merely factories and supermarkets of bodies in motion, plugged effectively to a matrix which is centralized and oriented towards productivity.
Urbanity – symbolic of progress is also the colonization of the body, mind & soul. It is the desecration of the soul, deconstruction of the body and remolding of culture. 70 years after independence the urban body is entrapped, colonized, by powers which are invisible yet more efficient.
Hence we look at writings which examines this entrapment and the quest for release – to liberate. Writings which helps us to negotiate, envision and determine – to love , to live and progress as individuals & as a collective, in and from – this urban dystopia.
- The call is open till the midnight of September 30, 2017.
- This call is open to people of all nationalities.
- The submission will be in English.
- Ẃritings’ may include any forms. There is no word limit.
- The minimum age for participation in the open call is 16 years.
- Please send your writings to email@example.com, along with details which includes your name, address, age and your photograph.You can also submit images, drawings, etc to support your writings.
- The writings and images must be free of plagiarism or any copyright issues.
- Millennium Post & Culture Monks will reproduce the selected articles in their newspaper, websites and other social media. The selected pieces will also be published in a new media journal called ´New Culture´.
- A session of reading of the selected writings will be held at the end of October 2017 in Kolkata.
Should you have any queries please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 8697919308.
This event is been supported by Iris Home Fragrance.
Millennium Post is the official print media partner.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.